Monday, October 18, 2010

Deconstructing The Chair

Here are photos of us taking the chair apart!

Ewww. A few of the many many dusty layers.

BamBam occasionally came in to encouraged us with kisses.

Almost there!

Proof that I worked on it too!

Taking apart was like learning its history! We discovered that it was once reupholstered long ago and that the person who did it probably uses a staple gun for everything. He also used three different types of nails and decided to redo this chair in a way that it was not meant to be. Basically, he did a half-assed job. Either way, we exposed its true form, cleaned it, and now getting it prepared for its final transformation. Big big thanks to my Patrick for helping me!

2 comments:

  1. This is too cool! I can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome Veronica!! I can't wait to see the fruits of your labor on this chair.

    ReplyDelete